Thursday, September 18, 2008

What is the feeling to have a grandson?


It all started with friendship. I got engaged, continued discovering, adjusting and ended up into marriage.

Three children came into the scene. Now, they finished school but me, am 50. You know what? I have a grandson.

My first grandson is from the my eldest son who finished BS Biology, got married to a registered nurse.

At first, I had mixed feelings on having a grandson. They said it is lucky to have a boy for a grandson. It shows the grandpa is strong. I could not until now dig it.

It came into me that feeling of longing for that baby sense 25 years ago. It came back. The more we evade cuddling babies, the sleepless nights and the rest of the tender caring, it really is unavoidable. You really have to face the truth and fact that grandchildren are the jewels of the elderly.

You will experience that too. I really miss my grandson who is now in the United States.

Will he still remember us? He is a Gonzales anyway! He will look for his grandpa!

No comments: